Are you a self-taught Web designer?

Posted On 5:12 AM by manoballs |

Are you a self-taught Web designer or formally educated?

This is the question comes out in my mind when I saw some of the web designer profile on the net. As I was browsing to his website, I have notice that he studied in a big university in the Philippines, He has a web design degree and has been on the web design industry for 5 years. Technicality wise, his website is okay and have posted clients website that he made. But the thing is, I am not convince the look and feel of his website. The header has no call to action or at least putting it somewhere else on the homepage. I am not mocking about his website because It's not ugly anyway but my point is, this guy studied website design formally but turns out to be a not so nice web designer at all. I don't consider myself as professional on this matter but I can see the difference between white and red on this.

Web design is my passion and I learned it by myself at home. I was a bigginer way back 2007 where I published my first website as a Philippines Web Design. Being a self-taught web designer is right choice and at the same time its tough. You will do a lot of research, browsing the tutorials on the internet study the other website on how they do it. On the other hand I was thingking of studying web design formaly in some university in Manila Philippines. But I change my mind due to what i have observed. That most self-taught web designers have a good skills in web design and their works are awesome! (well that's my own opinion) All you need to have is the passion to do it, practice and patience. Those who don't have this will have nowhere to go.


In the contrary, client will look on web designers that has a diploma because by reality they want their website to be design by the person who has a degree on it. Needless to say that professional self-taught designers has more experienced and know the right thing to do it.

So the bottom line is we have to build our portfolio as nice as it can be and most of all its a browser friendly and yet attractive to look for more. After all, formaly educated and self-taught web designer are measured on how passionate and motivated they are to excel on what they do.

| edit post
5 Response to 'Are you a self-taught Web designer?'
  1. K.K.Pathik
    https://filipinowebsitedesigner.blogspot.com/2009/05/are-you-self-taught-web-designer.html?showComment=1243948149787#c1866074171566039808'> June 2, 2009 at 6:09 AM

    Doing the thing by self is always best coz it makes you with the extreme knowledge. For some time before we had to go to the expert for have website but now we can do it by self as we have good and Free Content Management System through we can build customized website with our own branding and it takes few minutes how great it is……

     

  2. Anonymous
    https://filipinowebsitedesigner.blogspot.com/2009/05/are-you-self-taught-web-designer.html?showComment=1245339719926#c3439522817520726296'> June 18, 2009 at 8:41 AM

    I always wanted to learn about web design.. Thanks for sharing this post, kabayan.^^

     

  3. Unknown
    https://filipinowebsitedesigner.blogspot.com/2009/05/are-you-self-taught-web-designer.html?showComment=1246943444023#c4680899689773686679'> July 6, 2009 at 10:10 PM

    I am also looking for some thing new in the web design. I also see so many profile for self-taught Web designer.
    web design quote

     

  4. Brate
    https://filipinowebsitedesigner.blogspot.com/2009/05/are-you-self-taught-web-designer.html?showComment=1247541914985#c4665687284546880184'> July 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM

    One of the basic tenets of any kind of marketing is putting your best foot forward and capitalizing on the opportunity to make a good first impression. The first step in formulating a sustainable marketing plan is to understand what the naturally occurring information or opinions are out there about your specific product or service. Next, is to decide if the information paints an accurate picture of you. If it does, you're ahead of the game and you can begin to build upon this. Since the healthcare industry is a little late to the party of web-based and interactive marketing, I expect that most people will find that there is very little information out there about them and their practices. At the very least, you need to be checking to be sure your contact information is accurate and up-to-date. After all, patients can not make appointments if your phone number is wrong.
    However, all is not lost! The time to think about marketing plan and marketing message is now. As consumers/ patients begin to take a more active role in their own health care, it will become increasingly important to have some sort of web presence. Take action early because it is much better to begin to participate in your web presence early in the game than it is to have to fix huge problems that occur without you knowing.
    I am a physicist practicing from about 7 years. I was also unaware of such a fruitful resource that can be taken care of. Then I came across a similar blog regarding the website for physicians. I consulted a web designing and marketing company named www.medicalwebexperts.com. They designed my website embellished with a large amount of functionalities which include, learning materials, tests and scans descriptions, information regarding what all we do, blogs where patients can comment on the articles, provide suggestions. And the most important function that was unparallel with every other function was e-Medical Records. They provided the functions to store the details of the test and scans conducted on the patient, hence providing them 24/7 access to the medical details to the patients. And after my website was host and marketed, I am able to feel the outcomes on my income. My patient count is definitely increasing (though not as fast), but quite distinguishing.

     

  5. Unknown
    https://filipinowebsitedesigner.blogspot.com/2009/05/are-you-self-taught-web-designer.html?showComment=1277321518299#c558284385690467865'> June 23, 2010 at 12:31 PM

    Interesting post....
    Thank you for the post....Web Service wsdl

     

Post a Comment